I really love this clone function. For me its really awesome. Whenver I have idea to sell something, I just create a subdomain or buy a new domain, and use clone to get the page up in seconds, only using my phone! (termius ios apps)
But there is problem that I encounter sometimes, the new website redirect to the clone.
Example I have:Mysitetemplate.com as the main.
site newwebsite.com -clone-from=Mysitetemplate.com
The website will auto redirect to Mysitetemplate.com
The only way that I know to fix this is to reinstall webinoly to a new server.
Please help me how to fix this.
Just a suggestion:
Yesterday I was working a lot with this feature because I will add support for external-databases in the next release, and I cannot reproduce this issue.
I found and fixed an issue when some DB passwords of the new site were messed up causing connection errors in some rare cases, but that's all.
If some of you know how to reproduce the issue you are describing here, would be very helpful.
OK, I did a test cloning of the same site that I had cloned when I faced the issue. Here is a screenshot of the cloned site's conf file:
nginx -t says nginx: [warn] conflicting server name "test.com" on 0.0.0.0:80, ignored:
The source site's conf file starts like this:
I hope that it helps.
I tried cloning a live site today and I saw that the problem persisted, only this time it was affecting the original site as well. More specifically, when I did a db search and replace (with wp-cli) on the new site, the original site's urls seemed to be affected as well, but only on the frontend. Eventually, I found out that on the cloned site's wp-config.php the Redis directive was wrong, pointing to the original site's cache
That's a good one!
Webinoly is not updating the redis variable in wp-config.php, I will fix it in v1.11.1.
I don't know how wp-cli works and why this variable interferes with their search-replace function, but remember that Webinoly has a similar function to do the same -replace-content.
Thanks a lot for reporting this issue.
I don't know if it's related to the aforementioned bug, but I've noticed something else when I tried to clone a live site of www.example.gr to a staging one of the form staging.example.gr:
Under server_name it adds www.staging.example.gr, which is not needed.
I'm not sure if I'm understanding your issue.
PayPal · GitHub Sponsors · Bitcoin