WP Rocket is a cache plugin for wordpress, many people like this solution and prefer to use it instead of the fastcgi cache.
If you have a license of the plugin and want to use it in conjunction with Nginx to avoid loading in PHP follow this simple tutorial.
1. Install and active the plugin
2. In FTP acess /var/www/YOURDOMAIN.COM and edit your wp-config.php file
3. Acess you ssh and add an new cronjob (to avoid php consults by wordpress)
4. Now lets begin to add nginx configs, in your ssh add this commands, one per one
5. Now, include this in your nginx
6. Reload the nginx
Done! you can check if it is caching directly through nginx (without consulting wordpress) by the site header:
Thanks for your contribution!
Where to find /etc/nginx/sites-available, Unable to find on my ftp.
I was wondering how much do you benefit from the above setup?
According to a wp-rocket article, if the server supports nginx caching it should work out-of-the-box, without any further setup (and since I've been using it for the past 2 years, I can confirm that it indeed works fine).
Also, by disabling wp-cron isn't there a risk of breaking some plugin that might need it?
Your regular donations is what keep this project moving forward. If you like Webinoly, buy me a coffee or a beer to show support.