What happens if you send an email from an external account (Gmail/hotmail) to the "license breeders" domain?
Also, check your server email logs, Webinoly have an option for that, you can see it in real-time if you want: sudo log -mail
From external domain, no problem -- https://i.imgur.com/DxQM10T.png
I checked the logs as you suggested and this is a sample of what I saw -- https://i.imgur.com/K55aYW6.png
Also, I see all these bounces in a file at /var/mail/www-data
I think this is more than one problem.
My email account/addresses are with G Suite by the way.
Can you check the output of this command: sudo log -mail
Just to be sure is no the same server rejecting emails sent to the same domain. I think you omitted this image in your last comment.
Sorry about that. I sent you the image of the queue instead of the `sudo log -mail` output -- https://i.imgur.com/LK9SR6W.png
Seeing your mail logs, the only thing that caught my attention is that it say that the "Status is bounced" because "Unknown user: sales".
Can you verify it?
Can you confirm that the user "sales" already exist in your email accounts?
Can you try with a valid/different user?
"sales" is a Gmail alias for the primary email address, so I checked it out and this what happened. Alias to primary or primary to alias, the result is the same (nothing arrives) -- https://i.imgur.com/UtALwUN.png
DNS seems to set up correctly and the server is attached to SES now but the result is the same. I think this is something that postfix is doing. Don't you?
Are you using some WordPress plugin for SMTP or something related with emails?
Did you manually modify any SMTP or Postfix configuration in your server?
Are you still using AWS SES and are you sure is properly configured and ready to send emails in behalf of your domain? (it think this could be the cause, a misconfiguration in AWS SES)
Are you using the SMTP command from Webinoly?
Can you see this file: /etc/postfix/main.cf and send me this values: myorigin, myhostname, mydestination.
Now I see the problem: Just remove your domain from "mydestination" and then restart Postfix: sudo service postfix restart
myorigin = /etc/mailname
myhostname = licencedbreeders.uk
mydestination = localhost.uk, localhost
Whatever you have in "mydestination" will be seen has local, that's why Postfix is delivering your emails locally in your own server.
Seems like somebody changed the Webinoly default Postfix settings.
Nobody has touched Postfix as far as I know.
OK, I did what you suggested; it's behaving differently but something very odd is now happening...
Primary and alias addresses have different results
Primary to alias = arrives; works as it should
Alias to alias = arrives; but the receiving address is changed and both are same when it arrives
Alias to primary = arrives; but the receiving address is changed and both are same when it arrives.
If I use the test message function on the SES domain page at AWS to sent alias to alias, something different happens again... the mail arrives and both the alias email addresses are different and unchanged -- https://i.imgur.com/vaVn7WN.png
Ok, at least now everything arrives. Now you are receiving all the emails. This is good news! No?
I'm still just trying to understand what you did. You say you're still using SES but nobody changed the Postfix configuration and also, you're not using any SMTP plugins. So, how did you configured SES in your server?
I wanted to post some wide text but I don't have the code snippet button enabled on my toolbar. But hey ho!
Definitely going in the right direction and beginning to understand the nature of the problem a little better.
What I meant was, nobody edited the Postfix configuration manually. I tried both MailPoet and MailerLite so maybe they might of done it programmatically, but I don't think so.
There's no SMTP plugin on the site. All I did to use SES was `sudo webinoly -smtp` and enter the SES SMTP credentials.
sudo log -mail
Personal Gmail address
SES verified G Suite sending addresses
Route == Result
sales@ to terence@ == sales@ terence@ [OK?]
admin@ to terence@ == sales@ terence@ [Error]
terence@ to terence.milbourn@ == sales@ terence.milbourn@ [Error]
terence@ to sales@ == sales@ sales@ [Error]
terence@ to hello@ == sales@ hello@ [Error]
terence@ to support@ == sales@ support@ [Error]
sales@ to admin@ == sales@ sales@ [Error]
sales@ to support@ == sales@ sales@ [Error]
wordpress@ to support@ == sales@ support@ [Error]
I think you can see the picture -- when I send from any alias address, something (Postfix?) changes the sender to sales@, and when I send from any alias to any other alias, it changes both addresses to sales@.
This holds true when sending from alias to alias, and primary to alias, but not alias to primary. In that case it changes the alias and leaves the primary as intended.
I don't know what happened to any that didn't arrive.
If you want me to disconnect the Webinoly SMTP routing to the SES relay I can do that, but I don't think it will make any difference. Let me know if you want me to and I will.
I have just discovered that sales@ to admin@ is no longer arriving, while admin@ to sales@ arrives, but the admin@ address is still being changed to sales@
PayPal · GitHub Sponsors · Bitcoin