We’re excited that you want to help promote Webinoly®. No matter how you contribute as an enthusiast, or ecosystem member, your help spreading the word about Webinoly® is extremely valuable. This guide is designed to get you the resources you need and provide simple instructions for the permitted and correct use of the Webinoly® brand assets, whether you are a marketer branding your commercial product or a community ambassador.
The Webinoly® Word Mark and the Webinoly® logos are trademarks. Although the Webinoly® code is freely available to you under the GPL open source software license, your ability to use the Webinoly® name and logo in ways which fall in the domain of trademark law is restricted. It is very important that we protect and enforce our trademark rights to ensure the Webinoly® brand remains a reliable indicator of quality and our community. Therefore, we want to defend against those that seek to intentionally misrepresent their products, services or sponsorships as officially-sanctioned or endorsed by Webinoly.
We have created a family of logos for those who wish to show their support for the Webinoly® project and those who wish to brand their products, projects, sites, blogs and community events with Webinoly® for educational and community building activities, as long as they are not commercial in nature.
Looking to download the Webinoly logo? All our web and marketing resources (.SVG and .PNG) can be downloaded from here.
We love that you love Webinoly. We want to make it easy for you to use our brand in the right way.
Webinoly Blue: #0E7ADC (RGB: 14 122 220)
* Just remember to follow our Trademark Policy listed below.
We will grant permission to use the Webinoly name and logo for projects that meet the following criteria:
- The primary purpose of your project is to promote the spread and improvement of the Webinoly software.
- Your project is non-commercial in nature (it can make money to cover its costs or contribute to non-profit entities, but it cannot be run as a for-profit project or business).
- Your project neither promotes nor is associated with entities that currently fail to comply with the GPL license under which Webinoly is distributed.
If your project meets these criteria, you will be permitted to use the Webinoly name and logo to promote your project in any way you see fit with one exception: Please do not use Webinoly as part of a domain name.
Webinoly Trademark Usage Policy
- We share the Webinoly Word Mark with the community for the purposes of open source discussion, development and support of the Webinoly project and technology. We understand that such use is mostly for non-commercial purposes and therefore we will allow the use of the Webinoly Word Mark, without specific written permission, when used in a referential phrase only to describe the Webinoly Project or the Webinoly code base.
- You may use the Webinoly logo available here for community building activities, provided these activities and uses are not commercial in nature. Such community building activities include presentations at open source conferences, activities promoting the Webinoly project, or collateral for promoting and organizing a Webinoly meetup. You may also use the Webinoly name/logo for referential purposes.
- When using the Webinoly name/logo for referential purposes you may not use it in a trademark sense (as part of your product/company/project name and/or logo), your name/logo must be more prominently displayed, you may only use the Webinoly name/logo as much as it is necessary to identify the Webinoly product, you do nothing to suggest sponsorship or endorsement by Webinoly, and you use the Webinoly trademark notice.
- You may not use the Webinoly trademarks in any manner that implies sponsorship or endorsement by Webinoly without an express written permission from Webinoly.
- Third parties may use the Webinoly Word Mark and logo in publications, such as books or magazines, or in connection with the presentations and publications that are displayed to the public (collectively, “Publications”), provided that such use is referential only: you are simply referring to the Webinoly project and not speaking for the Webinoly project or community.
- Under no circumstances is it permitted to use Webinoly as part of a domain name or top-level domain name.
If you have any questions about these Guidelines, please contact the author.