Installing, configuring and optimizing your web server has never been so easy.
wget -qO weby qrok.es/wy && sudo bash weby 3
That’s all, now you’re ready to create your first website:
sudo site example.com -wp
So easy you created your first WordPress site in the example above with the domain example.com and now you are ready to start creating your content and receive thousands of visitors supported by your server optimized with Webinoly.
In the same way you can create any type of site indicating the option you require: -html, -php, -mysql, -wp, -proxy, -parked.
Read the documentation about the available commands in Webinoly to adjust and configure your server and your sites according to your needs, add an SSL certificate, activate FastCgi Cache and everything you need is just a command away.
* Server administration is a task that requires certain skills, knowledge and experience, although Webinoly makes it seem very simple, it is recommended that you consider a different solution if you are not prepared to deal with situations that may arise on your server and that are out of the scope of Webinoly.
Linux Distributions Supported by Webinoly
- Ubuntu 16.04 and 18.04
- 22/TCP (Inbound/Outbound)
- 25/TCP (Outbound)
- 80/TCP (Inbound/Outbound)
- 443/TCP (Inbound/Outbound)
- 587/TCP (Outbound) *Optional for SMTP
- 11371/TCP (Outbound)
- 22222/TCP (Inbound)
The installation command accepts some options to facilitate and automate its implementation.
wget -qO weby qrok.es/wy && sudo bash weby <option> <tools-port/version>
When executing the previous command without any option, a menu will be displayed to choose the necessary packages depending on the type of websites that we wish to host.
- HTML (1) – Only install Nginx, which will only support HTML sites.
- PHP (2) – Nginx and PHP will be installed.
- LEMP (3) – A complete LEMP installation will be done, Nginx + PHP + MySQL (MariaDB). This is the most complete and necessary configuration for WordPress sites.
- Maybe later (0) – Webinoly is installed without installing any package, it allows you to do a manual and personalized installation with the command
In the same way you can change the tools access port, by default the port 22222 is configured, but you can choose any port of your choice (0-65535). You can change the configured port number at any moment using the command
sudo webinoly -tools-port.
wget -qO weby qrok.es/wy && sudo bash weby 3 19816 (This option will be deprecated soon)
In the previous example a complete LEMP installation is done and the port 19816 is automatically configured to access the available tools.
Or if you want to install an specific version of Webinoly (v1.8.1 or newer).
wget -qO weby qrok.es/wy && sudo bash weby 3 -ver=1.8.3
The installation of specific versions facilitates an appropriate change management process in automated environments, for example, where Webinoly is integrated. In these cases, it is critical to guarantee the stability of the system as a whole. Be sure to test each version before adopting it.
Previous versions may be obsolete or with limited features, so it is always recommended to keep your system updated with the latest and newest version of this application.
Quick Setup & Example
# Webinoly Installation wget -qO weby qrok.es/wy && sudo bash weby 3 # Create a WordPress site with FastCGI Cache sudo site example.com -wp -cache=on # SSL Certificate (HTTPS) for your site sudo site example.com -ssl=on # Visit https://example.com and finish WP setup # Webinoly protects WP login pages (wp-admin / wp-login), we need to create a user for HTTP Authentication. sudo httpauth -add # Enable www-data user to upload and modify files via SFTP. sudo webinoly -login-www-data=on
You can also read our Full Example and Advanced Practical Tutorial for Webinoly as a guide to know in a practical way the use of some common commands for your web server.
If you have any suggestions, ideas, or comments, or if you (gasp!) found a bug, join us in the support forum.